Dr Anne Gormley
Anne has three decades experience as a qualified dentist, qualifying from the renowned Newcastle- Upon- Tyne School of Dental Sciences in 1991. Anne continued postgraduate studies obtaining her MFGDP (UK) in 1996 from the Royal College of Surgeons, she has also completed an Open University qualification from Bristol University in Paediatric Dentistry and a part-time course (1 year) in Implant Surgery and Prosthetics.
Anne Gormley has a great interest in Cosmetic Dentistry, having built up a wealth of experience in veneers, composite build ups, tooth whitening, crowns and bridgework. More recently she has been inspired by the advances in non – surgical facial aesthetics, and had completed courses in botulinum toxins and anti – wrinkle fillers.
Anne is currently in the process of gaining her PG Certification, a Level 7 Masters Qualification, which means that all of the facial aesthetics treatments will be signed off to a high proficiency level. She is currently studying Northumbria University which is one of only two universities in the UK which is currently accredited with JCCP*
Anne maintains and drives the ethos of continued development and improvement throughout the practice.
- Worked for 8 years as Clinical supervisor in restorative and cosmetic dentistry in the Royal Victoria Hospital excelling in advanced crown and bridgework
- Clinical attachment in the Waveney / Mid Ulster Hospital in orthodontics
- MFGDP (UK) qualification from the Royal College of Surgeons
- Bristol Open University Module in paediatric dentistry
- Completed a part-time course (1 year) on surgical and prosthetic interactive implantology
- N.I.C.P.I.P. research project which investigated the effect of Duraphat varnish on 2- 4 year old children over a 3 year period
- Foundation course on botulinum and dermal fillers
- Advanced one to one course on dermal and lip fillers
- Currently undertaking a postgraduate certificate on facial aesthetics ( Level 7)
The JCCP (Joint Council for Cosmetic Practitioners) has been established to assist members of the public who are seeking/considering or undergoing non-surgical treatments (Injections, Fillers) with advice on patient safety matters and how to gain access to registers of approved practitioners.
New regulation in the UK states that any facial aesthetic work cannot be carried out without this certification. She is currently studying in Northumbria University which is one of only two universities in the UK which is currently accredited with JCCP.
This allows our clients to feel at ease in the hands of our professionals here at Spires Oral Care, knowing that we have the highest training available in the UK to perform these treatments.
Megan Loughran, our Associate Dentist, graduated with a BDS from the University of Liverpool in 2016. She then spent a year working in Leeds, where she gained invaluable experience, before moving back home to join us here at Spires. Megan enjoys all aspects of general dentistry, especially gaining the trust of children.
Megan has a real passion for cosmetic dentistry, having completed courses in anti-wrinkle treatment and lip augmentation. She also plans to complete an advanced course in Align, Bleach and Bond over the coming months. This involves short term orthodontics, bleaching and composite build-ups for an overall smile makeover.
Still not sure?
We believe in being completely open. Here’s what our clients’ have to say.
“Very professional in the way the procedure is carried out. Anne explains everything fully before, during and after the treatment. Very happy with the results.”EB, Feb 2017